Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 90 - Walk After Dinner Instead Of Parking My Butt On The Couch!

Tonight I decided to take advantage of the teasing that Spring is doing and went for a walk after dinner instead of watching must see TV! Today was one of those days when you really wish Spring was really here and not just tormenting those of us who are sick of Winter. In other words, it was beautiful here in Wisconsin. I have always liked to walk after dinner, it clears my mind while burning some unwanted calories. When Winter settles in, the idea of walk in sub zero temperatures is about as appealing as having my teeth pulled without drugs. When that happens, I fall out of the habit of the after dinner walk.

I am going to start to walk after dinner a few nights a week now that the weather is a little more friendly to wimps such as myself. I make no promises of this happening every night and certainly will not commit to an after dinner walk come November. But, for now, as the temperature continues to rise, I will begin the implementation of the after dinner walk.

I also need to mention that tonight my 8 year old joined me on my walk. She did all the talking and I did all the listening. That really is not a big change from the norm, but tonight it was truly a joy to listen to her go over her day in such detail. More than once she said "am I talking too much?" Tonight, she really wasn't talking too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment