Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 94 - Eat More Eggs

I love eggs! I am not one of those people who has gotten on the eggs are bad band wagon. As it turns out, eggs do have health benefits. So, I think I will eat even more. Here is a list of the benefits of eggs:

1. They are good for the eyes
2. They can help lower the risk of cataracts
3. Eggs may help prevent strokes and heart attacks
4. Good source of choline
5. They contain the right kind of fat
6. New research shows that it does not have a negative impact on bad cholesterol
7. Only food that contains naturally occurring Vitamin D
8. Eggs may prevent breast cancer
9. Eggs prevent healthy hair and nails
10. Eggs contain high quality protein

I eat a lot of eggs, and so does my daughter. I buy the organic eggs that do not contain hormones, antibiotics and are free range. Because, even though I love eggs, I have read a lot about the negative impact of hormones on my girls. So far, my girls are developing at the rate that girls used to develop. I attribute some of that to the fact that I limit the amount of hormones going into their systems. Who knows, I might be wrong. But, I will err on the side of caution.

My favorite ways to eat eggs are hard boiled and scrambled. They make a great start to the day. They fill me up and make me feel energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment