Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 95 - Organize Summer

I need to organize our summer, which seems wrong to me. Summer has always been a time to be lazy, enjoy the warm days without worry. But, I will be starting back to work full time on June 6th and my kids start summer vacation June 9th. Talk about an inconvenient time to start the next chapter. By the way, I will talk about my job in June.

In preparation for the changes, I have started to sign my kids up for various camps to keep them busy. My husband and I are already beginning to fall into the habit of discussing who will take them where and who will pick them up. Since I have been home for so long, I usually take responsibility for the majority of these things.

I am organizing their summer so that I feel like I have some control over something we have never really had to deal with, 2 full time working parents. If I know where they will be and when, I feel less stressed.

Thankfully, I have a teenager who can babysit when need be. But, I hate to put the burden on him every day, that does not seem fair. So, I plan what I can and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment