Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 93 - Listen To Music I Love

I heard that it is a proven fact that listening to music that you love is good for you. It raises your dopamine levels. I don't know how true that really is, but I am going with it.

Tonight when I took my walk, I brought my ipod and listened to some of my favorite music. It did make me feel good. I had to resist the urge to start singing along to the music while walking the neighborhood. Life is not a musical, I do not want to be known as a crazy lady who breaks out into song in a public place.

Here is a list of some of my favorite artists that I listen a lot.

1. Fleetwood Mac
2. Journey
3. Sarah McLachlan
4. Sting
5. Led Zeppellin
6. The Doobie Brothers
7. Wham!
8. Anything from the 80's

I listen to a lot of other music, but know if it would be helpful on a swift walk. For example, I do love Smooth Jazz, I really do! But, elevator music is only good when at home with a glass of wine, not while walking. I also like Classical, again, not helpful while walking.

My kids listen to music that I consider to be truly terrible. I am not on board with this new generation of musicians who are talentless, but have the right look. Seriously, what does Ke$ha have to offer? Her voice when not tuned with a machine is terrible. That being said, I have decided that my music makes me happy, really happy in fact. So, when I am driving in MY car, we will listen to my music. The kids have their whole lives to dictate the music they listen to in their own cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment