Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 159 - Get Over My Fear Of Public Speaking

This one will be a work in progress. It has been a task that I have been putting off for a very long time. My friends would probably be surprised to hear that I am terrified to speak in front of a large group of people. When I say terrified, I mean scared to the point that I start crying out of fear sometimes. If I don't cry, I will turn bright red and shake like a leaf. I have always been like this and should have probably addressed this problem when I was young, when it would have been easier to get over the fear. Instead, I put it off until it just became a part of me.

Time to get over it. I see so many people who are not afraid of this simple task. This task that is as easy as getting up in front of a group of people and simply doing what I do best, talk. I need to figure out a way to get over it. I need to get to a point in my life where I do not dread the idea of public speaking for days, even weeks before I have to give a talk or presentation of some point. I have let so many great opportunities in my life pass me by simply because I did not want to get up in front of a group of people and speak. How unfortunate for me.

My question to the few people who read my blog, what can I do? Do you have any suggestions that might help me get over this truly irrational fear I have of speaking in public. I know that it is a common fear, but people DO get over it. How does that happen? Life is just too short to let something so simple keep me back and doing things that I love doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment