Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 163 - Add Vegetables To Breakfast

Today my husband made me a delicious omelet that had peppers and tomatoes in it. It got me thinking that I should start trying to some vegetables to my breakfast at least a couple days a week. It seems like such an easy way to add vegetable to my diet. It is after all a task that I have been trying to accomplish for months now, eating more vegetables. Here is a list of ideas that I have to add vegetables to my breakfast.

1. Omelets with vegetable added.

2. Carrot juice

3. Toast with a slice of tomato and mozzarella cheese.

4. Anything with avocado

5. quiche or fritatta

Does anybody have other ideas? Clearly, I need them.

1 comment:

  1. sweet potatoes! stemed broccoli with your eggs, boiled asparagus homefries in olive oil with onion and other veggies. go to the farmers market and take advantage of all the amazing veggies and fruits in season now! : ) Also get creative with salads at night ( grated or microplaned carrott, cherry tomatoes green onions marinated kale and mushrooms and if you make spaghetti mix the sauce with other fresh veggies ad theres always carrotts and hummus! : )eggs benedict is good too if it were for that hollandaise sauce hummus and veggie sandwhiches are great too! heres an awesome hummus recipe


    black bean hummus:

    one large or two small can black beans
    l garlic clove minced
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    3 tablespoons tahini
    1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
    1 teaspoon cumin-heaping
    1 teaspoon basil-heaping
    1 flat teaspoon kosher salt
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne
    1 lemon juiced

    for the sandwhich:

    avocado
    pepper
    onion
    balsamic marinated mushrooms salt olive oil balsamic vinegar
    lettuce grated carrott

    Hope this helps, haha sorry i know its not all breakfast food

    ReplyDelete