Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 160 - Plan Meals

I need to get back into the habit of planning our meals on a weekly basis. Now that I am working again and my husbands continues to work a lot, we need to organize our meal times. I feel strongly about this for several reasons.

First of all, I REALLY believe that eating together as a family is very important. Even if meal time is only 20 minutes, it is 20 minutes that prove to be important to our family. I have talked about the conversations that we have at dinner before. I love hearing about my children's day while sitting together. It is something that we can share.

Second, I need to stop scrambling for dinner ideas at 5:00. I never used to be like that. In the last 6 months I have fallen off the meal planning wagon. I need to get back on. I am always able to throw something together, but it causes stress as well as unbalanced meals. Seriously, time to change this very bad habit.

Third, planning my meals will save us a lot of money. Going to the store with a list in hand and coupons to use, will save us all money.

The plan for this weekend, sit down with the sale flyer from our local grocery store and plan a weeks worth of meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment