Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 165 - Eat At Home More Often

Lately, we have been eating out too much. It is taking a huge bite out of our wallets while making our butts bigger. We all know that eating out too much is not good for you. It has been so much easier to just grab a quick bite to eat at a restaurant while on the go.

Last week I talked about the fact that I want to plan meals at home that are balanced at better for us. I think it is time for me to put that plan into action. Summer is the perfect time to eat balanced meals that are cooked at home. Here is a list of our favorites from summers past.

1. Cold Pasta Pesto Salad

2. Black Bean and Rice Salad

3. Grilled Chicken and Grilled Vegetables

4. Hamburgers and Potato Salad

5. Brats and Baked Beans

6. Grilled Pork Chops and Baked Potatoes

7. Grilled Steaks

8. Orzo Salad

9. Sandwiches and Fruit Salad

10. Fish and Grilled Asparagus

A lot of the salads that we eat I make the night before and let them sit in the refrigerator for easy preparation at dinner time. I usually have a loaf of bread and fruit salad as a side dish. It makes for easy prep. and easy clean up if I use paper plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment