Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 175 - Prioritize

Today I left for work at 7:30 am, which was crazy because I knew that I would be there until 7:00 pm. I felt a pang of guilt as I left so early, knowing that my son would alone that whole time. A decision he made earlier in the Spring, he thought that he would enjoy the time alone in the house. I knew that he was starting to regret this decision but did not want to admit it yet. Regardless, I left for work while he slept trying to figure a was to get past my guilt.

As the day went on and I found myself overwhelmed with work I was able to push my guilt to the back of mind. I did that until 5:00 when I called him and said I would not be home until 7:00. That was when I heard him break. He wanted company, he made a mistake, he wanted me to sign him up for the camps that I had offered countless times to sign him up for. He wanted me home, now! I got off the phone, overwhelmed by the feeling of "why did I do this, I should be home." I got on the computer, signed him up for camp and told my coworker about my situation. He simply said "Heather, you have to prioritize, your kids come first. Go home." So, you know what I did? I packed up my computer and went home. Work will wait, but he needed me. I don't regret it. Plus, he starts camp tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment