Sunday, April 5, 2009

Crafts

After a fun and active weekend for the kids.  School carnival on Friday, sleepovers on Saturday and a mother/daughter Brownie activity on Sunday for lunch, I knew it was time for something quiet.   Not to mention, as was the case last weekend, bad weather was on the way, again.   I have a craft cabinet in my kitchen full of activities for days like today.  

All of my children love doing Perler beads.  For those who do not know about this great invention, it is time to visit your local craft store. All you need is an iron and imaginative kids and you will have an afternoon of fun and most importantly, peace.   Today, my son stayed busy with the perler beads.  My daughters found the moon sand.  I wish I could be as excited about Moon Sand as I am about Perler Beads, but, I'm not.  Yes, moon sand is fun, but it is messy.  I often find the moon sand stuck to the bottom of t my socks even after a complete clean up.  I keep it around because the kids love it.  My daughter did suggest today that we save the moon sand for the summer, that way we can use it outside.  I think that is a great idea.  I also have Plixo's, play dough, foam stickers, markers, paint, crayons, paper, coloring books and countless other craft supplies and crafts to fill their afternoons.  These craft supplies are frugal when purchased at Michael's with a coupon.  It is also so much cheaper to do crafts at home then it is to find expensive things to do outside the house.

My youngest daughter, Maeghan, and I went to a local paint your own pottery place today with her brownie troop.  We had a great time!  The troop set up a lunch and project for a mother/daughter activity.  Maeghan painted a ceramic tile that we will have for years to come as a memory of the nice time we had together.  This activity got her in the mood for more crafting when we got home today.

With the exception of a few "bumps in the road" today, we had a nice day together.  The kids are all in bed sleeping now.  It is time for me to mentally prepare for this week and the start of Spring Break next week, which I already have packed with activities.  More info to come:)


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Heather~

    Nice pic! Your kids are very cute. :) I have been enjoying your blog.

    Thanks for your kind offer to help out!

    Blessings~Pam

    ReplyDelete