Sunday, April 5, 2009

March 29th to April 4th Menu

Here is our Menu from last week.  I have tried to estimate the cost of each meal so that I can get a grasp of our grocery budget.

Sunday 3/29- Tagine of Chicken with Peas and Potatoes.  $10.00 estimated cost

Monday 3/30- Turkey Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries $6.83 estimated cost

Tuesday 3/31- Pasta w/Red Sauce & Salad $5.50 estimated cost

Wednesday 4/1 - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries.  $5.50 estimated cost

Thursday 4/2 - Hot Dogs, Carrots & Dip, Mac & Cheese.  $5.00 estimated cost

Friday 4/3 - Leftovers.  Unable to estimate, maybe $4.00 or $5.00

Saturday 4/4 - Taco Night.  estimated cost $10.00.  My kids had friends over, so we had more mouths to feed.

I am not going to include breakfast and lunch.   The kids take a bag lunch to school every day which includes a sandwich, fruit, juice box, cookies, etc....  Breakfast is usually eggs, pancakes, breakfast meat, oatmeal or cereal with yogurt.  I try to make a hot breakfast every day because I am a freak about giving them a big breakfast so they concentrate better at school.  I don't know if it works.

My husband uses the Tagine when making Moroccan and Indian foods.  It makes the best chicken, ever!!  I used a lot of food that was left over in the freezer this week in order to save on the grocery bill.

My husband also wanted me to point out another frugal thing I did this week that I did not include in yesterday's list.  I love wine, I like one glass of red at night to unwind.  I mistakenly bought white yesterday.  I don't like white, at all.  But, I will drink it instead of giving it away (which was my first impulse).  I am keeping it cold, very cold to make it taste better.  Maybe, I will learn to like white after this week.  I also want to mention that I include my wine in the grocery bill.  I can make a bottle last 4-5 nights since I have a small amount each night.


No comments:

Post a Comment