Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday


Today I broke one of my rules about going to the movies.  Why?  You may ask.  Well, I have 2 girls ages 10 and 6, what movie came out today?  Hannah Montana!  Being the good mother that I am, I let my girls each invite a friend to the opening of the movie.  We went to McDonald's for lunch and then to the movie.  I gasp when I realize how much this expedition cost me.  But, I have been reminding myself that we are frugal so that when days like this come around, I can do these things guilt free.  The girls had a great time.  They of course would not sit with me, so I looked like a freaky adult woman who had to go to the opening of a teeny bopper movie.  I may never forgive them for that!  I was a lone 30 something in a sea of pre teens dropped off by their mothers, alone and abandoned.  If you want a review of the movie, it was predictable and corny.  Perfect for the demographic it is aimed at.

After the movie, we came home and decorated Easter eggs.  Is there a cheaper activity out there?  I don't think so.  For a grand total of $2.00 we decorated Easter eggs and had a great time doing so.  We even pulled out the crayons tonight and drew on the eggs before sticking them in the dye.  Surprisingly, even my husband got in on the action and decorated a few eggs of his own.  I can in all honestly say that after 14 years of marriage, I have never seen him participate in such an activity.  Of course, being the cynic that he is, he encouraged our daughter to decorate an egg that said "beat me" on one side and "eat me" on the other.  Not really in the spirit of Easter if I do say so myself.  But, he was participating, so I refrained from being to critical.  Regrettably, our son was not able to participate.  He is at a friends for a sleep over, so he missed out on the fun and excitement.  At age 11 though, I am guessing that he will not be losing sleep over being unable to decorate a couple of eggs.

We are ending Good Friday with movie night.  The movie on tap for this evening is "Mamma Mia".  My husband is the only male in the house tonight, so, he is feeling a bit out of place being forced to watch a chick flick.  He will have to get over it though, last weekend's choice was "Iron Man".  While I love the movie, my girls do not feel the same way and feel some vindication in forcing their dad to watch a musical.  

No comments:

Post a Comment