Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Today is my Birthday!!

Today was my birthday.  I had a fantastic day!  Thank you Eric, Alec, Hannah and Maeghan.  You all made it such a special day for me.  It could not have been better.

My husband made a birthday cake for me.   My girls decorated the cake for me.  As you can see by the picture, they all did a great job. I loved it.  It made me very sad to eat the cake.  So, I took a picture of their beautiful work so that I can remember the first cake that my little girls made for me.   

My cake was very frugal.  The cake came from a mix that I had bought for .79.  My husband made the frosting from scratch.  It tasted as good as it looks. 

My husband took me out for lunch, instead of dinner.  We chose lunch for a couple of reasons. One, our kids are in school.  By going out for lunch, we don't have to hire a babysitter.  Two, lunch is cheaper.  My favorite restaurant in Milwaukee is a French restaurant.  It is generally very pricey.  But, I signed up for something (I can't remember what it was)and they have my birthday in their system.  Every year on my birthday I get a $20.00 off postcard for a meal during the month of April.  My husband and I had a French meal, wine included for me, for $26.04 plus tip.  A meal for dinner would have run us over $100.  It was a great deal and the meal was just as good during the day as it would have been at night. 

I had a great day.  Again thank you to all my family and friends who extended birthday wishes to me.  It is so appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment