Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39 - Go To The Doctor

Today I went to my ob/gyn for the dreaded yearly visit every woman has to endure. Oh how I hate that visit. But, I go every year because I know that it is good for me and it is really a very short appointment. I wanted to put this appointment off, I have never had a strange PAP result, so it sometimes seems useless. But I am starting to have some changes occurring so I thought it would be best to get to the bottom of it. I was told what I had already assumed. Everything that is happening is normal, I am getting older and things are starting to change. These changes could be going on for the next 10 years and I should just monitor everything so that I know if something is really out of the ordinary.

My others results today were as I hoped. I don't have any strange lumps or bumps anywhere. All seemed normal. The best news was that my blood pressure was "perfect", my doctor's words, not mine. She told me that my pressure last year was "terrible". But, that always happens to me before these visits, they know that and take it into consideration. This was the first time it was not at all elevated, so we know that my blood pressure is normal to begin with. That is a big relief.

Thursday I go in for a baseline blood test. I will get my glucose, cholesterol, thyroid and iron checked. That will be the first time since I had my third baby. When I had those tests done 9 years ago they were all fine. It would be hard to imagine that a lot would change in 9 short years, but you never know. I think that everything will be normal, if not, I deal with it. I was also told that I will need a mammogram this year. I plan on having that done over the summer after my dreaded 40th birthday.

So, I can mark another thing off of my list of things to do in 2011 to help in the creation of a healthier and happier me.

No comments:

Post a Comment