Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 41 - Have Blood Work Done

Today I finally had my blood drawn and will be having routine tests done to make sure that everything is fine. I have been putting this off for years. The reasons were endless. I was too busy, or I didn't want to fast or the time the clinic was open was not convenient for me. The real reason I was putting it off is my fear of needles. That is right, I was putting off having crucial blood work done because I am a big baby.

I have very small veins, so having something as simple as a blood draw can take several tries before the needle is painfully inserted. Juvenile needles are the only needles small enough to fit in my tiny veins and I often have to be laying down for any success. It is painful and a pain in the ass for the person taking the blood. Today was okay though. I got a person who knew how to approach my situation, it took awhile to a get a vein to pop, but it did happen. Best of all, I am done for awhile now. I am hoping that all the tests I am having done will come back normal, but if they don't, I will do whatever I need to do to get healthy.

I need to approach my new outlook on life without fear of these little annoyances that we can encounter. Yes, it hurts to have blood drawn, but if something is wrong and I avoid it due to fear, the outcome could be worse than the initial fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment