Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 43 - Give My Children The Gift Of Good Health

In my quest to become a healthier me, I realized that I need to make sure that my children learn the importance of health and fitness now. I picture my future with them as adults. We are close now, I imagine that as they grow older, we will only become closer. I want to be around as long as possible. At the same time, more than wanting myself to be healthy, I want them to be healthy. Their childhood is the time to teach them how to eat well and exercise regularly.

My son is already very active. He plays soccer and snowboards. He is running around more than sitting, so I am not worried about him. I am also not worried about my youngest. She also plays soccer. She is also still in elementary school, so she still has recess. But, my middle daughter, Hannah does not enjoy exercise. She never has, with the exception of volleyball. Today she started to go to our gym and she is taking a class for tweens and teens to teach nutrition and to teach them how to use the workout equipment and strength training. She went willingly and enjoyed herself. She claims that she would like to start working out on the equipment. She really liked the weights, which makes me very happy. All girls need to learn that a little strength is not a bad thing.

It is my hope that by working out regularly with her, she will see how important regular exercise is to good health. I want to instill in her the habit of daily exercise before she moves out. That when she is an adult on her own exercise will just be something that she does everyday without giving it a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment