Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 77 - Play Games With My Kids

As the kids are getting older, they are not home as much on the weekends. If they are, more often than not, they have a friend over. Sleepovers on Fridays and Saturdays are very common around here. I fight it with every ounce of my being, but in the end I give in. But, that is not at all the point to this blog. Tonight, my 8 year old is home and she suggested a game of Go Fish.

I really like playing games with my kids. But, they are unrealistic during the week, as they are so busy on school nights. The only nights that have ever really worked for games are weekend nights. With the recent increase in their social lives, games like Go Fish have been forgotten. Not tonight though! I had a great time playing with Maeghan. I realized that I have to make family game night a priority again. I really believe that it is that important. Playing games for my family has always meant a night of no phones, internet and a time for bonding.

I resolve to start setting aside a minimum of 30 minutes per week to play at least one game with at least one of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment