Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 104 - Volunteer

I volunteer every Thursday for Meals on Wheels. On those days I bring lunches to home bound senior citizens. It is an activity I enjoy and plan on doing for many years to come. In fact, when I start working in the summer, I plan on continuing with the service in the Fall when my schedule becomes a bit more flexible.

I often wonder if I am doing enough community service and volunteer work. I feel like I could do more, but I don't know where I would find the time. I feel like I have so little time to begin with. This year I want to make it a priority to find just one more hour in my week to give to a cause I believe in. Whether it be political, environmental or social, I feel like it is important for me to find a way to give more time to my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment