Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 116 - Have One No Spend Day Per Week

Today we stayed home, all of us, husband included. It was a rainy, dreary day and there seemed no reason to leave. It got me thinking about the days when we would spend the day together at home in order to save money. We need to get back to that as much as possible.

Time to start designating one day per week as a day when we don't spend any money. Instead of spending that day, we save. The best way to accomplish the goal is to stay home. Which was one of my tasks several weeks ago. Stay home, spend less on gas! Now, stay home spend less on gas and on stuff. Win, win.

On this dreary day, I made a bundt cake, from scratch and I am going to make a beef stew. Both of these things are being made with items I already have in the house. I also made banana waffles this morning for the family, from scratch. I find that I can make the best meals with a little creativity and available resources. Again, I also find that I am saving money and time. I didn't have to carve out time to go to the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment