Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 178 - Have A Family Birthday Party For My Daughter

Today we celebrated my daughter's 9th birthday two weeks early with my husband's family. We needed to do this early because we will be on vacation when she turns 9.

I speak about this party because it was difficult getting to this place. Sadly, my husband doesn't always seems to get along with every member of his family. We miss a lot of family functions because of it. My children are the one's who miss out because they have cousins and Aunts and Uncles they adore. I often feel a pang of sadness when I know we are missing out on a function that they wish they were at. I decided that this year, my daughter would have a family party with my husband's family no matter what.

Today, the party was wonderful! I think everyone had a nice time, the children played together nicely and the weather was beautiful. It turned out to be the best gift I could give my daughter. A birthday celebration with her grandparents and cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment