Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 183 - Get The Errands Done

I had a list of errands to run today a mile long! I was absolutely intimidated by what I needed to get done in a few short hours. But, I did it! In the past, it would have taken me more than a short window of time to get a list of "to do's" taken off my list. In the past, I had the time to take my time. No more. I need to take advantage of these little windows of opportunity so that the household can continue to run smoothly.

I had 3 hours to do several things, all over the Milwaukee metro area. Now, mine is not a spread city like Minneapolis/St. Paul. But, it can take an hour to get from one side to the other when you consider traffic, road construction and Summerfest. In short, it is not always easy navigate from one end to the other. Orange barrels are everywhere.

Today was a good day though. I learned a bit about myself. I can get things done quickly when organized, planned out and methodical. I passed on the idle chit chat that I tend to get caught up in and stuck to my agenda. I need to be like that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment